1. COLORED OR WHITE LIGHTS?
White are more striking. Like colored when it is only one colored used or if they are the big old fashioned bulbs
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE?
I would prefer a real tree, cause of the smell, but I have two fakes currently set up in my house. I don’t think I would have a way to get a big real one home, though I did see a real three footer tonight at Wal-mart.
3. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS?
Having to drive so much back and forth to home (I don’t like to drive long distances), crowded shopping and long lines
4. WHAT IS THE ONE THING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE UNDER THE TREE THIS YEAR? Well, since my family already had our Christmas, I got a sewing machine – something I wanted, but of any gift I could choose, it would be an ipod.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO/BUILD IN THE SNOW?
Sledding. Not too much of a snow person, though. Have to be a good group of people to go with for me to enjoy it.
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DRINK?
hot chocolate with whipped cream
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY SMELL?
8. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE REINDEER?
Rudolph (by default)
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHRISTMAS EVE RITUAL?
Go to my Grandma’s for dinner and play dirty santa, spend it with that side of the family. A lot of times I will spend the night with my Grandmother (m Grandma and Grandmother are two different people)
10. ARE YOU A FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SHOPPER?
Not really. Let them have it. I would hate having to stand in line for a deal
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY FOOD?
Gingerbread, my sister Angela’s cookies, my mom’s raisin bread
12. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT SANTA WASN’T REAL?
Ya know, I really don’t remember a defining moment, but I do remember us discussing it in 4th grade and Jeff Renfrow said Santa had to be real, cause he knew his mom couldn’t afford to buy them a Nintendo and he got one under his tree that year (they were a poor family). Still pulls at my heartstrings thinking about it.
13. WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE UNDER THE MISTLETOE WITH YOU?
John Mayer (my eternal faux boyfriend)
14. HAVE YOU BOUGHT ALL YOUR PRESENTS YET?
pretty much, just have to get my boss a gift certificate, my Grandma a gift certificate to DQ and my secret pal a gift. Other than that, have to get some last minute jewelry gifts together.
15. DO YOU SPEND CHRISTMAS WITH A LOT OF FAMILY?
Not usually. Just parents, Grandmother, brother. This changes depending on the weather, though.
16. DO YOU STILL MAKE SNOWMEN AND SNOW ANGELS?
I guess if there was snow out and I was with friends I would, but I haven’t done it in years.
17. DO YOU STILL HAVE SNOW BALL FIGHTS?
Not too much. I don’t really like them, cause I always get hit in the face.
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?
A Christmas Story. Electric sex in the window!
19. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE?
Up in the air at the moment. I think our tradition in Louisville is fizzling out.
20. WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU’VE GOTTEN FOR CHRISTMAS?
Hmm…A TV, glasses, a stereo? I never have gotten a big gift from a significant other, cause, well, you know.
21. HOW EARLY DO YOU WAKE UP ON CHRISTMAS MORNING?
I don’t anymore, but when I open with my family, it is 8:30 or 9.
22. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY GET IN YOUR STOCKING?
Knick knacks. Post its, Big Red gum, random stuff my mom sticks in there…this year I received all sewing stuff, just about.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG?
The CHristmas Song (Nat King Cole’s Version) and O! Holy Night
24. WHAT DECORATIONS ARE ON YOUR TREE?
Tree in living room has red and gold ornaments in all different kinds all over…some balls, a butterfly, long, big round, intricate, lots of interesting shapes and sequin garland with a gold bow and ting ting coming out around the top
Tree in my bedroom is all white with white lights and lots of colorful ball ornaments and retro looking reproduction balls (inverted with colors). Also, Elvis ornaments, random colorful ornaments, and tinsel red and silver garland that hangs down from the top. An gold lame suited Elvis standee is the topper
25. WERE YOU EVER IN A CHRISTMAS RECITAL?
Yes, in several. I did CHristmas recitals for piano and we had them at a nursing home in Owensboro. The old people would moan and make weird noises. I remember one year I played 12 days of Christmas and it is really hard to play that one if you don’t have accompaniment, because you have to count it down. At school, in first, I dressed up in a box wrapped with wrapping paper and I missed my cue when I was called on stage to recite a poem. I remember being so embarrassed, but I came back later and recited my poem.