I kinda feel like my latest posts have been kind of a bore, so in honor of my stop at McDonald’s tonight (Dollar menu, baby), I wanted to share a few memories or thoughts about Mickey D’s…
– Trapped in an old suitcase back home, I have Fraggle Rock characters that I got in a happy meal when I was 6 or so. I remember back in the day, when I could not eat all my fries in a Happy Meal. Times def. have changed.
– My brother once spinned me around so fast in one of those Hamburgler spinners on the playground that I threw up. Ahh, the good ol’ days of the outdoor playground. The nostalgique and smell of wood chips while rocking on that Grimace cage. Good times.
– I have always gotten honey with my chicken nuggets. And the cool thing is that the packaging has never changed (little bees coming out of a honey comb). The registration mark says 1984. Takes me back a bit.
– I can still remember the “pizza” phase that McDonald’s went through. My brother worked there at the time and would bring home leftovers. I remember there were big whole sliced tomatoes on that thing. Pretty good, but no Pizza Hut.
– I have only been in a two story McDonald’s once – the one in Times Square next to the Virgin Megastore. The prices for a meal are a lot higher in NYC. I bet the workers still get paid the same (minumum wage). That sucks.
– I can still recite that song that was popular on that commercial back in the day…Big Mac, McDLT, a Quarter Pounder with some cheese, A Filet O’ Fish, A Hamburger, A Cheeseburger, A Happy Meal, McNuggets, Tasty French Fries, Regular and Larger Size. Now, I may have missed the ending to that, I’m not sure, but I remember at the time, that I had to memorize it. There was this promotion during that time, that if you got the record in the newspaper (a lil’ 35 plastic rpm), and it played all the way through without mistakes, you won a ginormous amount of money or something. Yeah, our record skipped.
– I can truly say that I’ve never eaten a McRib.
– Where I work in Stanford, the main lady that runs the drive thru is missing some teeth. Yeah, I gotta get outta that place.