I’m dog tired, but am starting to think about my favorite Thanksgiving foods all of a sudden. I’m actually going to Asheville, NC, with my fam for Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to all the fun times + yummy goodness. These are my top 5 faves I like seeing at the Thanksgiving table!
1) My mom’s bread stuffing – packed with celery, spice, and day old bread crumbs…it is so good and soft and crispy…just awesome!
2) My mom’s raisin bread – this is her specialty. It’s especially good served warm with butter. I’m not as much of a fan of leftovers. Never have been that crazy about leftovers in general
3) Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I love anything pumpkin, actually, but I love the texture of Pumpkin pie with a basic pie crust. A little cool whip makes it perfect! If I can get my hands on a pumpkin roll, though, I would be in ultimate pumpkin heaven!
4) Of course, turkey with gravy! My bro-in-law made it last year in the deep fryer and it was super yummy. Have you had it that way?
5) Homeade mashed potatoes – I love mashed potatoes with lots of butter and milk. You know, I’m very particular about having gravy over top. I like KFC potatoes with gravy, but I’m weird otherwise.
What are some of your Thanksgiving favorites? Please share!
Until next time Swellions!
Leave a Reply