For the most part, I think I’m a pretty positive person about most things. Or at least I hope so! But there are some things that really, really annoy me. The first of which is the security decoding captchas that you have to spell out now anytime you want to post a comment, add a friend, etc. Yes, I know they are supposed to be good to prevent online hacking, but how annoying are they when they look like what you see above? It’s illegible. As a part of my job, I’ve been seeing them a lot lately, and yeah, they get on my last nerve.
Here’s 9 other things (for a total of 10 in all) about daily life that annoy me as well…what pet peeve of yours did I leave off the list?
1. Magazine inserts falling to the ground when you are looking at an issue at the newstand.
2. Fast food workers who stick their hand out with your food before you pull up to the window.
3. The people at the mall kiosks that pounce on you to buy their lotions/cell phones/etc. as you walk buy (I never make eye contact).
4. Choosing the wrong line at the grocery store and then seeing the other people behind you suddenly jump ahead of you…if only you had chosen the right lane!
5. Buying a shirt and then having the button popping off the first time you wear it.
6. Plugging something into charge overnight only to discover it wasn’t connected properly in the morning.
7. Investing time into a reality show only to find out the ultimate outcome is infuriating (oh, and I’m not personally referring to the recent Bachelor, but if you watched it, you know what I mean).
8. Finding out that a gift you went to a lot of effort picking out for someone was regifted (double annoyance if they forget that you were the one that gave it to them and they give it away in your presence).
9. Finding out from the cashier that the coupon you planned on using (usually for a big ticket item) is expired.
Now that I’ve got that out of my system, you can expect a lot more positive posts in the upcoming week. Ha ha.
Until next time Swellions!