Apr 5, 2009
How to make Oreo Truffles!
These little candies/cookie balls are so rich and sinful. I'm taking some to a friends house in the next couple of days, cause I promised I would make them! They are super, super yummy and so easy to make. I'll guide you through...you don't even have to be an awesome baker to make them, they are that easy!
– 1 package oreos
– 1 8 oz package cream cheese
– 1 package vanilla bark or vanilla candy melts (I used the Wilton brand)
– 1 package dark chocolate bark or dark chocolate candy melts
1. Pour oreos into a large bowl and break up with a wooden spoon.
2. Fold in cream cheese.
3. Mix well with blender (you can also mix in a food processer or blender if you have one).
4. Once mixed, roll into walnut-sized balls onto a cookie sheet. Put into freezer for 1 hour to chill.
5. Melt both of the chocolates in microwave. Do so at 15 second intervals, then stir and put back into microwave until completely melted. Putting it on a setting for more than 15 seconds without stirring could result in burning. Set aside about a half cup of each of the chocolate and vanilla melts into a sandwich bag for drizzling.
6. Remove balls from freezer and insert toothpicks into each. Dip balls into chocolate to coat. Use spoon if necessary to cover all areas of the ball. Place ball on waxed paper. Let cool.
7. Remove all toothpicks from cooled candies. Cut a small slit into corner of sandwich bag and push melted chocolate out of tip to drizzle over balls. Let cool completely.
As you can tell, my drizzling skills need more practice, but it doesn't effect the overall taste. These balls have been a big winner at cookie parties I've attended and got many compliments at a party I took them to.
Hope you enjoyed this fun recipe!
Until next time Swellions!