I know you’ve seen the cute little Moo Cards you can get through Flickr. I just love them so much I got some made a year or so ago and let me just say, they were many a conversation starter! I would show friends or people I just met and each little card I showed them to pick from was like telling a little story through photos! Here’s some of the ones I got printed up (below). Honestly, I hope to get some more soon with some of my latest photos!
In the meantime, I made my own! I found some postcards with some swell graphics on them and went to work. Here’s how I made them!
– various postcards in heavy paper weight
– label paper
– scissors or exacto and cutting matte
– Photoshop template (download here)
1. Round up postcards with interesting elements, graphics, and backgrounds.
2. Choose certain areas of interest and mark out card shape (1.125″ x 2.75) using pencil and ruler. You may want to go ahead and cut out a piece of paper that is 1.125″ x 2.75 or use an existing Moo card to trace around.
3. Cut out with scissors or using ruler, Exacto knife, and cutting mat.
4. Using downloaded template, open in Photoshop and type out information that you want to go on back of your card. Duplicate layer several times to fill each card. Add a small photo if you like. Print out on label paper. By the way, the grey lines are pretty light and will be a guide for cutting in the next step.
5. Cut out and adhere. Trim if needed.
I really am happy with how these turned out. They look almost just like the real thing! And their also a great way to reuse and recycle!
Until next time Swellions!