This is a fun and festive project that I dreamed up while perusing the dollar bin at Michaels! Always keep on the look out for craft surfaces that you can revamp into something totally different and fun! For example, the starburst chipboard shapes above were actually a chipboard notebook, but I envisioned them being perfect as a pretty and sparkly banner instead! Here’s how I did it:
Glitter Boo Banner
What you need:
– chipboard shapes (mine were made from a Crayola chipboard album)
– orange and white acrylic paint
– Tulip® 3-D Fashion Paint in Crystal Glitter
– black permanent marker
– 4 feet of 1/2″ black ribbon
– foam brush
What you do:
1. Using foam brush, paint the chipboard shapes alternating in orange adnd white. Let dry.
2. Use permanent marker to draw two stars, write the word BOO, and to doodle around edges of chipboard.
3. Squeeze 3-D paint onto plate and use foam brush to cover fronts of chipboard shapes. Let dry.
4. String ribbon through chipboard shapes and hang from wall, ceiling, or mantel and enjoy!
In honor of my 24 Halloween crafts in 24 hours, I’m giving away a Swell & Spooktastic Halloween prize pack. Click here to check it out and enter!
Check back next hour for another Spooktastic Halloween craft!