Here’s a cute project I did a couple years back…I really had a blast making these and they are a quick evening craft. If you love making pennants and banners, you will love making these!
The idea for these was sparked after I saw these at a local bookstore…
I really loved them, but didn’t like the price tag ($8 each), so I got my crafty thinking cap on and decided to make my own (with my friend Lorilyn’s help). Here’s what I did!
Spooktastic Halloween pennants
What you need:
– wooden kabob sticks
– black cardstock
– white or cream cardstock (I used 8.5″ x 11″ size)
– scrap printer paper
– gold glitter
– 1″ wooden Woodsie balls
– Aleene’s Tacky Spray
– gold metallic paint
– decorative edged pinking shear-like paper scissors
– scissors or cutting knife (with mat)
What you do:
1. Find a fun and spooky font that looks gothic in nature (peruse www.dafont.com for ideas and free downloads).
2. Lay out spooky sayingsideways in word processing program or Photoshop and print out onto scrap sheet of printer paper. Use pencil and ruler to draw out pennant shape around text and cut out with scissors.
3. Print out onto saying onto white or cream cardstock. Lay down pattern you just created and lightly pencil around it.
4. Using Aleene’s Tacky Spray, spray pennant shape to black cardstock. Using cutting knife on mat, cut around pennant and leave approx. 3/4″ black border. Cut around border with paper pinking shear-like scissors. Set aside.
5. Paint balls and kabob sticks with gold metallic paint. While ball is wet, sprinkle on gold glitter to ball. Position balls on end of kabob sticks. If they don’t fit exactly, wrap end of kabob stick with a couple layers of tape and then securely place ball at end. Let paint dry completely.
6. Cut two slits with craft knife for kabob to poke through (refer to picture). Poke kabob through holes.
Here’s how I displayed my pennants a couple of years ago:
My friend Donna Bush made my pretty Pixie portrait (for visitors of my blog, Pixie is my cat).
In honor of my 24 Halloween crafts in 24 hours, I’m giving away a Swell & Spooktastic Halloween prize pack. Click here to check it out and enter!
Check back next hour for another spooktastic craft idea!