You may remember a couple years back the CD cupcake stand project that I made for Terrorific Tuesday. Well, I wanted to revisit this project and make it even easier on myself. I’m all about the easiest way to make something cute. Here’s how you make it…and the coolest part is that it is recycling an old CD!
Cute Candy Corn Cupcake Stand
– Old CD
– Small wooden candlestick (mine was Lara’s Crafts purchased 4 to a pack at Michaels)
– Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue Sticks
– scrapbook papers in orange, yellow, and white
– acrylic paints in orange yellow, and white
– glue gun with glue sticks
– decorative scrapbook trim (mine was by Bazill Basic Paper purchased at Michaels)
– 2 circular shapes to trace that are smaller than a CD
– pencil or pen
1. Paint your wooden candle in 3 parts based on the look of a candy cane. Let dry.
2. Paint your decorative scrapbook trim (I had to use two strips) to have the triangles resemble candy corn. Let dry and set aside.
3. Trace your CD with pencil or pen and cutout. Now trace two other circular objects and cut out. You want the top to have a bulls eye effect of color.
4. Use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue Sticks to cover backs of all the circles. Stack in correct order and press onto CD base.
5. Use a glue gun to glue trim to sides of CD. Use as small amount of glue as possible thin amount around entire CD.
6. Attach wooden candlestick to the base of the stand.
Here’s what the finished product looks like without a cupcake to adorn it!
But then again, it has to have a cupcake on it! That’s the whole point of it afterall.
I hope you enjoyed this project!
Until next time Swellions!
P.S. I added this project to Made By You Monday!
I love this! I LOVE candy corn and I’m definitely going to have to make one, or 10, of these for Halloween 🙂
Amy-Busy Savoring the Sweet Life! says
What a great idea! My daughter’s birthday is coming up and I can see using this to feature her own birthday cupcake. Thank you for the great idea!
Joanne Kennedy says
This is so cute! I’m going to have to try it out. You really should sell some of your things! I won your cute pumpkin box last year in your giveaway and everyone loves it. They ask me where I bought it from.
I have a question for you. How did you get your cupcake liner to stay so bright? When I make cupcakes they always fade and look yucky.
I am so busy with work and with creating stuff then maintaining the blog that I don’t have time to make and sale things. I tend to only like to do things one at a time. I’m random like that. Yeah, I think part of the reason it is bright is that it was a light colored cupcake (orange velvet). If you do chocolate cupcakes this may be why it looks yucky. Most of my cupcake liners turn out yucky too. I lucked out with this one!