Cute Candy Corn Cupcake Stand DIY
You may remember a couple years back the CD cupcake stand project that I made for Terrorific Tuesday. Well, I wanted to revisit this project and make it even easier on myself. I'm all about the easiest way to make something cute. Here's how you make it...and the coolest part is that it is recycling an old CD!
Cute Candy Corn Cupcake Stand
– Old CD
– Small wooden candlestick (mine was Lara's Crafts purchased 4 to a pack at Michaels)
– Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue Sticks
– scrapbook papers in orange, yellow, and white
– acrylic paints in orange yellow, and white
– glue gun with glue sticks
– decorative scrapbook trim (mine was by Bazill Basic Paper purchased at Michaels)
– 2 circular shapes to trace that are smaller than a CD
– pencil or pen
1. Paint your wooden candle in 3 parts based on the look of a candy cane. Let dry.
2. Paint your decorative scrapbook trim (I had to use two strips) to have the triangles resemble candy corn. Let dry and set aside.
3. Trace your CD with pencil or pen and cutout. Now trace two other circular objects and cut out. You want the top to have a bulls eye effect of color.
4. Use Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue Sticks to cover backs of all the circles. Stack in correct order and press onto CD base.
5. Use a glue gun to glue trim to sides of CD. Use as small amount of glue as possible thin amount around entire CD.
6. Attach wooden candlestick to the base of the stand.
Here's what the finished product looks like without a cupcake to adorn it!
But then again, it has to have a cupcake on it! That's the whole point of it afterall.
I hope you enjoyed this project!
Until next time Swellions!
P.S. I added this project to Made By You Monday!