Here’s a series of Pumpkin I did last year that I wanted to reshare! Enjoy!
I just love mini pumpkins and I love how a little pumpkin can spice up décor! So I thought I would share a few simple tips for creating super cute pumpkins in a flash! I created all these pumpkins…each about 15 minutes apiece. Here’s a few quick tips for making easy stripe and polka dot pumpkins!
– A black permanent marker is a great way to draw lines, doodle, and personalize. It’s also dries super fast. On the white pumpkin above, I drew the lines on, but then went back in with a fine liner brush and black acrylic paint to paint in the squares.
– Use the veins of the pumpkin as natural striped guides to paint your stripes. That’s what I did for the orange and black pumpkin above.
– Also on the orange and black pumpkin above, I added dot details with white acrylic paint. For dots, simply dip the end of your brush into white paint and dab onto your pumpkin. Reload as needed.
– Get perfect large polka dots by using a sponge pouncer dipped in paint. Sponge pouncers come in various sizes. For a sparkly look, sprinkle glitter onto your paint while it is still wet and let dry. Dust any sparkle residue left around the paint after the paint has dried.
– Think about other ways you can make a simple pumpkin design…play with zigzag, diagonal, swirl, patterns and more.
So be sure to stock up on lots of mini pumpkins this season and go to town making these simple pumpkins. I really think you’ll be happy with the simple, yet stunning results!
In honor of my 24 Halloween crafts in 24 hours, I’m giving away a Swell & Spooktastic Halloween prize pack. Click here to check it out and enter!
Check back next time for another Spooktastic Halloween craft!