Here’s a post I did last year for my 24 Crafts in 24 hours! I thought it was too cute not to repost!
Looking for a sweet little purse for the Fall season? This cute little creation is sophisticated, fun, and oh-so sassy. Perfect for young and old, it’s a great alternative to that busting at the seams purse you’ve been toting around!
Halloween Swirl Doily Purse
What you need:
– Cigar box purse (I purchased mine at Michaels)
– black and orange acrylic paint
– Black glitter Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint
– Foam brush
– Spray sealer
– Liquid Fusion glue
– small crocheted doilies (I would give you a tutorial, but I don’t know how to crochet! My friend Katie made me a handful of these crocheted creations!)
– buttons, rhinestones, and small embellishments for centers of doilies
What you do:
1. Paint entire base of purse with black acrylic paint using foam brush. Paint handle with orange acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. Squeeze Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint out onto paint and use foam brush to apply it all over base of purse.
3. Once dry, create a freehand swirl design all over front of purse with 3-D Fashion Paint. Let dry.
4. Lay out what you want and play around with design for doily centers. Glue elements like buttons together using Liquid Fusion. Let dry and then glue your elements to the the middle of your doilies.
5. Adhere doilies to purse front with Liquid Fusion. Let dry.
I think this purse would look cute dressed up or down. It’s perfect those who love a little Halloween fashion accent, but don’t like to dress up in costume!
Until next time Swellions!