I created several designs a few weeks ago on watercolor paper and I wanted to turn my watercolor doodles into cool earrings to wear! Here’s a link to my original watercolor pencil doodles.
Here’s how I made these colorful earrings…
Watercolor Doodle Paper Earrings
– Watercolor paper
– Watercolor pencils
– Chain, beads, and findings
– Jewelry pliers and cutters
– Sharpie Marker
– Aleene’s Paper Glaze
1. Draw your desired design. Make it as small or large as you want.
2. Use brush to add watercolor effect to pencil line drawings. Let dry.
3. Cut out design with scissors.
4. Fill in back and sides of design with Sharpie.
5. Fill in top of design with Paper Glaze for a glossy, dimensional finish. Poke out any air bubbles when you apply. Let dry. Apply a second coat if desired.
6. Poke hole in top of finished design. Apply jump ring through hool and attach chain or another bead to finish the look. Add earwire and your finished!
And how do you like my photo prop? It’s a knockoff Bentwood rocker that I’ve had ever since I was a kid. Admittedly, one of these days, I’d like to paint it in fun colors. I think it would update it and make it more contemporary since it is an 80’s heirloom. Haha. Maybe one of these days when I get my own place I’ll work on it.
Until next time Swellions!
Mim Smith Faro says
Love this simple idea. I think my daughter might like making some earrings like this for her friends.
I have that same exact chair on my front porch. I rescued it on trash day from the side of the road!