Want something sparkly and fun for Halloween, that will take you into the Thanksgiving season? Here’s a pretty and rustic way to add some flash to your pumpkins in just minutes and it’s using my fave craft supply…Tacky Glue! This is actually a classic Tacky Glue technique created by Aleene in the 50’s or 60’s. I got to use up some cute little candy wrappers that I bought at Sur La Table a while back. I was excited to have the perfect project to use them on! OK, let’s get started!
– mini pumpkins
– foil squares (buy them in the candy aisle or use save your candy foil wrappers)
– Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
– black paint (I used Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint and it worked perfect!)
– foam brush
1. Crinkle the little foil squares. Don’t roll it into a ball, just gently crinkle and reflatten out.
2. Generously apply Tacky Glue and glue to pumpkin. Cover entire pumpkin area except stem.
3. Give the pumpkin an aged look by applying a bit of paint (add paint to random areas all over of pumpkin)
4. Use a paper towel to rub off paint.
There you have it! Simple and pretty pumpkins in minutes.
It will make such a pretty mantel display or be the perfect fall accent for your table centerpiece!
Until next time Swellions!
I linked up at the following parties!
Weekend Wrapup at TaterTots and Jello
Mim Smith Faro says
I have to tell you i visit your blog any time during the year but during Halloween it really comes alive! I certainly can tell you love Halloween! and so do i! Love all your great ideas and great finds! Maybe you should just make it Halloween all year round. LOL!
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria