The other night, I was in the mood to make a Halloween wreath. So I did! In less than an hour, I had this cute and spooky creation! Here’s how you can get the look.
Spooky Halloween Wreath
What you need:
– Wooden flat wreath form
– Wide 3″ ribbon (I purchased mine at Michaels)
– Halloween cupcake liners in various sizes
– Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
– Wilton 4″ black doilies
– Black and orange foam glitter vase filler (also available at Michaels)
– large vinyl letters or stickers to trace (you can also use a Cricut or Silhouette if you have those resources)
– sparkly felt
– black twine
What you do:
1. Wrap the wreath using the 3″ ribbon
2. Cinch the middle of a medium-sized cupcake liner.
3. Glue cinched cupcake liner in place to a flattened cupcake liner.
4. Now glue another small cupcake liner on top of the one you just placed. Cinch
another small cupcake liner and glue it on top of that small cupcake liner.
5. Glue and adorn the middle with a glitter filler ball.
6. For some of the flowers, I took a simpler approach and placed two stacked liners on the black doily.
7. Glue cupcake flowers and glitter balls into place on your wreath. Let dry.
8. Now lay down your stickers onto the felt and cut out around them to make your felt letters. Glue your letters to a piece of twine and glue to the back of your wreath.
It may have turned out a little more cute than spooky, but I like it that way!
Until next time Swellions!