Here’s a fast and fun decopauge jar idea that looks really cool and graphic. I’m a big sucker for bold letters and numbers. I love large letters for walls and pillows with giant numbers on them. I don’t know what it is…I just love the shapes! I guess my fondness for letters and numbers graphically is attributed to being a graphic designer. I love fonts!
So here’s how you make these cute jars that you can use for storage, change jars, flower vases or fun gift giving!
Letter and number decopauge jars
– jars of your choice (I used marshmallow fluff jars)
– magazine, newspaper, or junk mail clipped letter and numbers
– Collage Pauge Instant Decopauge™
– ribbon of your choice
– Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
– paper plate
1) Thourougly clean jar and remove label or any other dust and debris.
2) Clip out various letters and numbers from magazines. I cut them out in various sizes and fonts in different colors.
3) Squeeze Collage Pauge onto plate. Use finger to apply decopauge medium on front and back of clipped letter. Place on jar and smooth out. Repeat until jar or desired area is covered.
4) Apply Tacky Glue to top of jar and apply ribbon around edge. Let dry.
5) Admire the swell job that you did!!
Hope you enjoyed this project! I know it’s been a long time since I’ve actually had a project (prob. more than month). I’m not sure what happened exactly…I just wasn’t in the mood to craft…I kinda go through spells. Sometimes I’m more in a photographic mood than a craft mood.
Until next time Swellions!