Sometime last month, I saw an image of a varigated rainbow rose that I just thought was stunning. I thought I could achieve it myself, so I did! And the cool think is that I got a rainbow of colors using just 3 dyes! I was super pleased with the end results!
Here’s how you can make your own…
Tie Dye Rosettes
– cotton fabric (I used a cut up t-shirt for my material)
– Tulip One Step Ultimate Tie Dye Kit™
– needle and thread
1. Cut out a pre-washed 14×14 square of material (or larger if you want your roses to be bigger than mine shown).
2. Prepare dye. To achieve coloration similar to mine, squirt lengthwise strips of color in following order: Fuchsia, Turquoise, Lime, Fuchsia, Turquoise. Let colors blend together. Let dry and launder material. Note: I didn’t get a photo of me doing this, but look in the step by step photo below to get an idea of how I did it.
3. Cut into approx. 1.5″ strips. I eyeballed this, but you may want to be more exact.
4. Thread your needle and do a running stitch along bottom of material.
5. Pull thread to gather.
Create an entire craft project around these roses! For example:
– pins for hats or jackets
– headband accents
– custom fabric corsages
– pillow embellishments
– pretty adornments for purses or shoes
Hope you liked this swell project!
Until next time Swellions!