I have had this project on the brain for quite some time, but I think now is an appropriate time to unleash it. Even though I love Halloween, I also love fall and all the colors and warmth that it brings (not warm weather, unfortunately). More warm-hearted feelings.
I’ve been noticing on a lot of blogs (including my friend Kristin’s), that a lot of people are becoming very in tune this season with what they are thankful for. I think it is always good to step back and take a look at the big picture and really evaluate the little and big things that we sometimes take for granted. This project can be a way for you to reconnect with yourself and possibly family and friends during this upcoming Thanksgiving season.
The Thankful Pumpkin
– medium or large pumpkin
– Paper Effects Copper Pearl paint
– thin drafting tape (I used Rainbow Tape)
– damp cloth
1. Wipe off any dirty spots of pumpkin with cloth.
2. Spiral tape around pumpkin as a guideline for your writing.
3. Lay down newspaper, and using writer, write “I’m thankful for…” and then list things you are thankful for. You may need to do it in sections at a time, so not to smear your paint. Let dry.
Here’s a full pic of my finished pumpkin:
I’m going to try to do a few more Thanksgiving projects as the season progresses and time permits. So please check back!
Until next time Swellions,